Sunday, June 9, 2013

Last P-Day in the MTC!

WOOHOO!! Last week in the MTC and then I am officially a missionary out in the New Mexico, Albuquerque Spanish speaking mission!!!! I am so excited and I have been having so much fun and learning a lot. I am finally getting the conjugations in Spanish working well and French is not standing in the way as much anymore. :) I have learned so much and I got my travel plans last Friday!! Okay, so here is the deal....I do not know exactly when I will be calling from the airport or how long I will have before I board my plane, but I will make my best effort to call. What I might do is use some quarters and call first to make sure you will pick up and then use the calling card for the official phone call....I cannot wait!! They give very specific instructions on how to pack for each airline. I am flying out on Delta at 9:50 I believe it is. I will probably be boarding about 9:20. Anyway, I will be calling for sure, because I have to be in the travel office between 5:50 and 5:59 A.M. on Monday morning! That is actually getting to sleep in for me now....well, almost anyway! I will land in my mission before noon on Monday, crazy huh?!?

I got Hayley's note and I really appreciated it!! My goodness, her handwriting is really good, and she responded to my letter in its entirety. I never did see Boston, but I have seen Sister Barton every single day!!!! In fact, she is sitting three chairs away from me in the laundry room and we have the same meal times, and gym times in which we play basketball and volleyball together! How awesome!! I bet Isaac's baptismal service was so amazing! I wish I could have been there and I wish I could be at Hayley's, but I am really excited to see the pictures....Hint Hint! That is crazy that the Walch family has so many missionaries going out, but there is not a better time than the present!!!! I hope that I will get the package right on Friday. 
Okay, official update continued....
Last week was pretty good, except Friday I was sick all day!! I recovered by Saturday, and even when you are sick as a missionary you still study and work hard and speak mucho Espanol, even if it is from your bed in your residence! My companion took the term be bold a little bit too seriously this week and almost got thrown out of our investigator's house!! It was bad....you really should remember before you share a scripture that instills the fear of God in somebody. We were not thinking....but, we still got our point across. I have been learning so many skills and building habits while here for a month and a half. Time flies and I always find joy in the work and effort and building of the kingdom of God I am contributing toward on a daily basis! The MTC President's wife Sister Kay Nally is the sister of my Mission President's wife so this week we get to go to her office and take a picture with her and kind of get a step up ahead of the other missionaries in the New Mexico, Albuquerque mission. There are only 4 of us going to the Spanish speaking mission!! There are 26 of us in my travel group for Monday.
There is so much inspiration and help I have received while in the MTC it is insane! You should really buy a copy of Preach My Gospel and read it, it is not just for us missionaries in the field it is for EVERYONE. "Every member a missionary!" That rings true for me, especially after hearing so many talks about families, genealogy, and enduring to the end! I am a host tomorrow so I will definitely look for Bristine, I mean Sister Bennion. :) I just cannot wait to see what experiences I will have in literally "another country"; the foreign land to me at least....of New Mexico!!!!
Next P-Day you will hear from me from Alba quer Q....Haha!

I appreciate all of the packages, treats, letters, and all of the love and support. 
This Gospel is truly progressing forward in such a rapid manner, it is wonderful!
Con Mucho Amor

-Elder Sterling Grant Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment