Monday, May 13, 2013

May 7, 2013 FIRST LETTER FROM THE MTC!

Hola, I am absolutely loving my time in the MTC!! I wrote a letter while my companion was on writing on the computer. It used to be that you could only write for a half an hour. Now it is an hour so that you can write more people. It is pretty awesome. I went to the temple today and aye yi yi I have gained weight from the food here....Muy gordo or in English that means I am very fat. I am almost 200 pounds and up a whole temple pant size. I work out and exercise though so I really do not understand no entiendo haha. My mission language of Spanish is growing immensely everday. I am so excited to see other family and friends serve. A week at the MTC goes pretty fast, but it is awesome hard work. Something that I have learned is that exact obedience gets the job done perfectly, well not perfecto, but close. Que chido- cool is something that I really like saying. However, some of the accents our investigadores and maestros or teachers use are interesting like the ones who are true Castillian speak with a th/ lisp sound on there co sounds. I love my watch and ring, but to type it hurts to wear them and I am much faster or mucho rapido at typing without them on. I pray for the family everyday and am seeing a lot of blessings in my own life while being a missionary. Fast Sundays are such a blessing. Within the second day or segundo dias I became the senior companion and my companion is the district leader. It is not an easy task being the senior companion, but I love it so that is all that matters. BTW P-days en al CCM are on Tuesday. My companion and I with our leadership are the only ones allowed to check and pick up mail, letters and packages so that is a bonus. :) I am sleeping really well. I get eight hours of sleep every night and am up right at 6:30 no matter what! My white shirts were really clean and wrinkle-free!!!! Gracias mi madre! I have found everything in my suitcases up to this point, haha, that’s hilarious Mom. Your memory powers? Sounds a lot like Star Wars to me. :) I am following advice from the Cranes and really truly enjoying my time here!! Today I saw a senior couple with the last name Craner, which I got a kick out of. I wish I could have taken a picture for you all. I am having so much FUN, but I am also looking forward to being en Nueva Mexico sooner rather than later haha. The MTC food like Jeff said is menomos mas or so so. Lots of quantity, scout camp, not the best quality if that makes any sense. I started mixing some drinks… raspberry lemonade and guava and I can say I am just like the Cranes. There is an Elder down the hallway who sounds like a voice over for Jabba the Hut. It is intense; his voice is deeper than mine. :) Get this, Hermana VandeMerwe was in my zone and we took a picture when she left. You might have to get that from Jill. I have a request, e-mail is great, but while doing laundry it is easier to hand write letters. Could you send me a few addresses for family and friends who might like getting a letter? I really enjoy, like Grandpa, the "investigator" teaching here. I have already had six different experiences in almost a week, they really put you to work, but it is the Lord's work or en Espanol Senor's trabajo. I am picking up on the language and it is by the diligence and obedience in all that I do. I am really excited to update you on all my experiences. I am learning and growing so much it really is incredible. I learned how to pray really well in Spanish and it is a blessing to know Gospel vocab and a lot of Spanish words already. Pretty soon I might be writing a ton in Spanish, so I apologize in advance for giving you the opportunity or la opportunidad to translate it. I am definitely keeping the rules and it is strengthening me on a dias basico. (daily basis) Tell everyone in the fam and loved ones I love them and that I say hello, let them know that I am doing great! I am loving it and the wave of missionaries pouring in is incredible. I hope that everything with you guys is going muy bueno! Or excellente or fantastico! Bien hecho on the packing and feeling the comfort and peace while I am out here! :D Tchau, Adios, HASTA LUEGA!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Es inspirador escuchar un informe tan brillante! ~ Mark

    ReplyDelete