Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Third P-day...The MTC Love Continues!!!!!!!!:)


Hey Mom,
Now that I have been in the MTC for a while it is flying by and I am getting even more excited to get out to the field in NEW MEXICO!!!! That is awesome that he (Elder Baker) spoke on Sunday. I am glad that you got to hear him! Elder Russell M. Nelson came a week ago and spoke on ancestors and how they can influence your mission…genealogy, etc. He even mentioned Facebook… it is awesome. I do not know if I can get on my blog, but I will update you a lot.
I am glad that you got my letters. I wrote the Hurst kids and mailed the letters in one envelope, did they get it? I am happy to hear that you are updating the blog and the ward missionary newsletter. The Cranes (Northern Parents) are keeping me informed. It is awesome! Grant Smalley apparently is going to the Mexico MTC but my same mission how cool! I serve with Elder Bergen and I did not get sick thank goodness! The language is going to the point that people turn to me for the words to say in Spanish, never thought I would say that! I am so proud of Jordan and Maddie and I will look at the pictures next!!! I am excited for Friday :) Try to send the package earlier if possible rather than later. I got the muffins on Saturday morning, because the package office closes at 7 on week days and 2 on Saturdays. Those muffins were a hit! Do not be surprised if my district writes you thank you notes :) That is perfect for Jordan being the assistant scout master. I cannot click on the pictures to enlarge them because it boots me out of the mail server. I will probably send some as well. They may be random, but the MTC can get boring.

We do service every Friday morning at seven A.M. It is incredible!!!! Let's see I have done everything from mopping, taking out trash, scraping off cheese, cleaning the vending machines, and toilets, and squeegee work in the Erastus Snow building. Did I tell you that I study in the Parley P. Pratt building? I play lots of volleyball and earned the nickname Elder Herc haha! Will is sure loving that robe isn't he? :) Wow, congrats to Sister Sullivan! That is so cool that Sister Bennion leaves so soon. I have seen everybody but Elder Mortensen!!!! I even saw Sara Wilcox haha! There are so many people at the MTC that I know. I have seen Elder Ludlow and just lots of people I know. I sat by the MTC President and his wife the other night at dinner in the cafeteria! The new elders who came in have so many connections with me and they are awesome! I hope to see Sister Bennion and Elder Baker here in the MTC!

Teaching is going a lot better. Now we have two investigators who are our teachers: Hermana Wilson and Hermano Wiest, but they are Juana y Silvio. They are progressing, but they are not as willing as Hugo was. He actually turned out to be Brother Ostler. He is a cool guy.

I will be sure to write Liv. I have prayed for our family all the time, everyday! I understand missing Seminary; the makeup is terrible. I am excited to be 19! The Hermanas in my District love me! I sang with my district on Sunday: Grande Eres Tu: "How Great Thou Art" in English it was awesome!! Brother Monson the 1st counselor has all kinds of stories about President Monson when they were growing up and reminds me of Grandpa Grant with his story telling. :) I will probably send Hayley a note this week. I am absolutely loving it!!!!!

Muchas Amor,
Elder Richards
I will send some photos :D

No comments:

Post a Comment