Monday, August 5, 2013

August 5th (Mom notes in parentheses):)

Hey Mom, it sounds like everything is going well. I don't have a ton of time, but I will do my best to answer your questions from last week, as well as your letter. I got it and the cash was handy. Thank you so much!! This is how I got down to Las Cruces....it has gone digital now, but it is still very similar. I went to the chapel in Albuquerque and then was assigned to head south. There are three transfer sites: ABQ, LC, and EP. They told me I was headed down toward El Paso. My driver was Elder Hernandez and we had the purple travel flag and rode in a Chevy Cruze. The co-pilot was Elder Foulk and Elder Robledo and I were temporary travel companions.  I figured I might be serving there, however, I stopped at the Las Cruces site, which is called the Venus Chapel and Elder Robledo had to use the restroom. Right as I walked in they announced my name and my companion's name. "Elder Keddington" We hugged and then we headed out to do some shopping and then to a "golden" lesson in which we taught 5 almost 6 lessons in one!
 
Do not worry about the apartment situation. We found an apartment and as soon as I know the exact address I will let you know. Her name is Sister Hoopes and she is extremely nice!(Sister missionary in the office) That sounds like it must have been a very tender moment. I am happy to see them exercising faith, because everything truly does come down to faith and agency! I wish I could have been there and I hope that Jordan baptizes Hayley, because that would be awesome! I am excited to receive those pictures!(In response to news of Eleanor's blessing)
 
I have played Settlers of Cataan! It is one of the most fun games. It quickly became a favorite of Steph and I, but I played it on a couple other occasions as well. HAHA Hayley would drop Six-Four's name! I bet with her (soon-to-come) candid ability to speak French she puts on a great show for the fam and everyone else!! She and I are alike in a lot of ways.
 
I really loved reading the primary kids' class note to me, it was cute. Hayley can spell Bonjour now?! Crazy crazerson! Keep me updated on Sister, well, Hannah Schieving I guess now..... and the ward. By the way that was really cool to hear that Becca Thacker got her mission call to Recife! Tell her CONGRATS!! Tell the ward I say hello, especially my leaders and the Bishop. Also, President Holmes. Anyone you see who asks about me.
 
I realized that it is very hard to hand-write letters every week with all of the demands and time required to be a consecrated and exactly obedient missionary. I will do my best to respond to the letters and such, that is why e-mail is very handy in that regard!
 
Tell Olivia to enjoy it while she can! I also hope she writes me soon! :)Summer is flying by. In October I get to go on my first temple trip and I hear there is a new temple video being played now?
 
Any advice you can give me is awesome. I also would like to see your perspective on the blessings from the night before I entered into the MTC in your own words. I am learning from Elder Morris everyday...taking phone calls and leading at times in correlation meeting and ward-council. My Spanish is increasing immensely each and every day. Living with the zone leaders has taught me a lot, too.
 
I am making a Spanish quad with materials I bought from Hobby Lobby, and I am really enjoying this transfer.  I am really watching what I am spending a lot more carefully now. I should be fine, because my mission card got refilled. I have a good feeling I will need a GPS soon, but I will let you know as the transfer goes on. We cover a huge area...technically up to Hatch Spanish-wise. It is massive!!!! We had to cut the grass at our trailer with kitchen knives, because we did not have any tools. You sometimes just have to use whatever you have.
 
Elder Morris is my companion, yes. We have instated a program for our ward. We also got a new ward mission leader and the work is hastening immensely in our area right now! We are doing a lot of less-active work and member work. Elder Morris has taught me the importance of a system and prioritizing. I have had the chance several times to exercise my priesthood and give priesthood blessings in English and now, since last week in Spanish. I am learning everyday and the counsel from President Miller and his wife Sister Miller is incredible! We still check mail at the trailer every postal day. I am praying very hard right now! Thank you Mom! Good luck with everything and I love you very much! Tell the family the same. Give hugs. Have a great week!
 
Love,
 
Elder SG Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment