Monday, September 16, 2013

Labor Day Letter...Sept 3rd

Dear Mom and loved ones,
This week was really hectic getting the members more involved with our investigators and helping my companion get ready to head home. However, we have been blessed so much in this area in all that we are doing. We finally got to the point that we had a solid foundation that now we can actually build from something. We have a family of 5 investigators named la familia Villescas who are going to be progressing toward their baptism on the 28th of this month ,which is awesome! We also knocked one door the whole entire transfer and found an investigator out of it named Enrique who is in college, but has a vast interest in the Book of Mormon.
As far as Labor Day in Las Cruces went: As a zone we went to White Sands and enjoyed the sun and the sand.I also had to go give a blessing with an English Elder and it was half in Spanish or half in English deemed by term in our mission as a zebra kind. I also taught a lesson all by myself in Spanish and am picking up on the language at a rapid rate now! Doug and Mad will be happy to hear this: I have become the go to for haircuts lately and last night I cut someones hair and it is a skill that I have tactfully received by observation. Observation is huge, especially in missionary work!

 Our zone is getting split up in many areas, because the work is getting massive down here! Our area by the end of this transfer is going to explode with people to teach as well as member involvement!! I am now finished with my training and am working with my new companion who came up from Fabens, TX. His name is Elder Mamales and he is from Tooele. He actually knows some people that I do. Small world! Mom you will be happy to hear this:Sister Pipkin from my MTC district is now training in El Paso! No surprise at all!
The members found out that I had a low singing voice so pretty soon they could be having me perform or put together a musical number in sacrament meeting. I think that the Ward Mission Leader is already getting the missionaries in the Miranda ward to do a musical number "How Great Thou Art" o in Espanol "Gran Eres Tu" It has become one of my favorites to sing in the Spanish language.
I am happy to hear that you got the letter, and that you are all safe and enjoying Utah. That is very scary to hear about the shootings! I hope Olivia doesn't get in any trouble! I want her to e-mail or write me, I have some advice for her....A couple weeks ago you told me that my niece likes some of the jazz standards huh? That is awesome! I am happy to hear that someone is filling my shoes in factoid mode, haha and of course it is Hayley! I am happy to hear that Liv is enjoying the new school! She can't sluff seminary, it is not smart to miss!
How was the barbeque, and everything? Thanks for updating me on everyone. You know, I could possibly train Elder Smailee next transfer wouldn't that be cool! I hope that you have an awesome week and I love you all! Our mission has a FaceBook page that you should friend it is NMAB Lds. Technology is rapidly advancing this work! I will look for the package!
Tell Everyone I say hello! Tell Hayley when Eleanor is 2 years and 9 days old I will be home!
Love,
Elder Sterling G. Richards
(Photo: Elders Richards and Morris)

No comments:

Post a Comment