Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Fall is in the Air!, Sept 30th

Dear Mom and loved ones,

This week was incredible to say the least! We had a tremendous zone-conference on Wednesday in which I sang with our zone as well as got up at the pulpit myself and gave my first Spanish talk to the leaders who were there, including the Stake President who served in this same mission Spanish speaking! Pretty cool! Anyway, yesterday we finally had a the baptism of Tania y Lucy Villezcas and it was a wonderful evening. They got baptized and confirmed on the same day, which as a missionary only happens in rare cases! I performed the baptism of Tania and Elder Mamales performed the baptism of Lucy: I will send some pictures!
At zone-conference we focused on acting out of love, and finding our personal ministry! It was incredible, and very spiritually uplifting. As I was pondering some questions this week that our President gave to us to think about, I really saw the connection between the work of Salvation, and being a member of the church. It is simple, however, it is deep! We have to turn outward and carry our testimonies to the hearts of others so that they can receive the joy and happiness we feel from the Holy Ghost. Share the Gospel! The missionaries are not the only ones who can share the Gospel, we all can! "Every member a missionary!" 
We had a rare opportunity of doing a service project with the Helping Hands organization of the Church! On Saturday we went and helped dig people's homes out, because of the flood which hit the border of Anthony NM, and Texas. It was a very incredible and humbling experience to see the joy and appreciation others have for what they are able to live on. We had many opportunities to do service again this week, which was a miracle in itself!
I never realized how demanding preparing to paint a home was, and then actually painting the home. I was in-charge of rolling the primer or base on, and I learned patience. Many times in our lives it is better to take things "slow and steady." I have been impacted by the smallest things this week and have grown knowing that without the Lord and without our Father in Heaven we are weak. They are the ones who provide us with the strength to accomplish that which needs to be done!
Mom, it sure sounds like everything is picking up in Utah! It's harvest time in many ways right now! I am happy to have received communication with Mad and Liv. I will keep you updated as far as moving goes. This week we have had the contractors on our roof a ton, and they are persistent. I will send some pictures your way, and I love you all, and pray for you daily! Have a wonderful week!
Love, Elder Sterling G. Richards



 Show message history

No comments:

Post a Comment