Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Goodbye Miranda North, Oct 15th Letter

Dear Mom and loved ones,

This weekend I received my transfer call and won't know where I am going until tomorrow. If I get the chance tomorrow I will let you know from my new area! I could go up north or further south to Texas; either would be cool! My companion is staying here in Miranda North and training a new missionary. Who knows maybe he will get Elder Smailee as his companion.... It is suit season so we have been wearing our sweaters with the new dress and grooming modifications. It is still hotter than the blazes here!
Not much to report from this week other than the fact that we no longer with the zone leaders and more sisters are coming into Las Cruces. Our district is pretty much relief society already haha! Anyway, everyone living with the zone leaders got sick except for me. I will send some pictures, and yesterday I got called on in sacrament meeting to say the closing prayer as well as give my testimony. My Spanish is improving immensely- I never would have thought I could hold a conversation as well as talk in two languages at once. I cannot translate very well right now, but I am getting there. The Lord has blessed me so much so that I can share the Gospel with this beautiful culture!
Remember the scripture in Philippians 2:17 and rejoice in gladness often!
-Love Elder Sterling G. Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment