Wednesday, November 13, 2013

September 23rd



Dear Mom and loved ones,
Well I would be lying if I said that this week did not try my testimony and my patience. However, I also learned a lot and came to know Jesus Christ on a different level than I have ever known Him before. There were a lot of struggles that got in the way, but I did not let them prevent me from fulfilling my calling as a representative of Jesus Christ. I truly had to follow the words of the hymn "Press Forward Saints With Steadfast Faith in Christ!" I could not have made it through this strenuous week without the Atonement of my Savior and the enabling power that comes from it.
I had many opportunities to serve this week in countless ways! I recognized and saw the miraculous healing power of the Priesthood in a way that I had never seen it before. All of these children of our Heavenly Father, some at rock-bottom, were struggling to keep going. I prayed and prepared myself so that in the event that I needed to exercise my authority as a Melchizedek Priesthood holder, I would be able to act as an instrument to bless the lives of others. I had the opportunity to give many blessings this week in both Spanish and English. I even in one instance gave a blessing in a chapel in an E.R. facility. Often times we don't realize how many service opportunities exist. Even the simplest acts of kindness can be monumental in a persons' life!!
I have grown so much in this week alone and I know that everything does happen for a reason and that "He will always prepare a way!" We can ask for anything and if we have faith we will receive it. It may not always be in the way we might like or expect, but answers and blessings do flow directly from heaven. I know that families are eternal and that this Church is the only true Church on the earth that contains and exemplifies the fullness of the example of Jesus Christ. We are disciples of Jesus Christ and must act our part in this great work of Salvation!
Yesterday in Sacrament meeting I had a wonderful experience to exercise my high range and belt out "Love is Spoken Here" with a Sister missionary in the ward from Midvale. It was incredible--the Spirit that filled that meeting. I was prepared in the very moment that I needed everything this week, but I had to work for it. We have to act, we cannot sit around waiting for something to happen! I am excited to see what other things will be manifest through works in this area. I love every moment of being here in New Mexico!
We are having two baptisms this Saturday and it is truly miraculous to see someone going through hardships and pains to turn to Heavenly Father for guidance. Lucy and Tania Villescas are incredible and were prepared from the very moment that we met them!!
I am ecstatic to see what other people the Lord has prepared for me to be a beneficial instrument to help them receive the Restored Gospel! I pray that you all might exercise your faith and that you can serve others in need and spit out a simple, but powerful testimony of how you have been blessed in your lives!
Mom: In case you were wondering I got the package! Thank you so much for everything you gave me!! It helped me out to snack on some of my favorite treats when I was being trialed this week. I also cannot believe that the Utes won....oh well there are many more important things to focus on right now. I love you and the family and I hope that you all have a great week!
With much love,
Elder Sterling G. Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment