Tuesday, December 17, 2013

November 25th Letter...Almost Thanksgiving

Hola Madre,
 
Esta semana fue superior! The title of this letter is an attempt at "fat guy in a little coat" if you didn't catch that. Well, as you can see a six-week bullet out of Trans-Mtn North is what is happening right now! My companion is training a brand new missionary and I am getting launched off somewhere else. I do not know where or what my next assignment is going to be until tomorrow. I was standing in Walmart and a man started singing "It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas in El Paso...." It is more than true. It has been frigid and quite brisk here in the mountains this past week and to be honest we have been richly blessed by members giving us rides. We only had to bike twice!! I will send some pictures of Elder Richards "the Eskimo" as my companion called me, as well as the snow, and mis despedidas con las personas de este barrio! y some photos of my fascination with the Duck Dynasty merchandise in Walmart. Haha, I have made certain situations fun while biking!
 
Anyway, sorry for the tangent. I will update you with my address as soon as I know. Today our P-Day was suddenly changed back to Monday just for this week, due to scheduling conflicts; I guess it was. The reason our Mission President changed our preparation day was to compensate for the time lost, because certain libraries, and government buildings are not open in our mission on Mondays, because of national labs etc, enhoused here. Also, our weekly planning day was changed to Monday, which makes a lot more sense! Today, I am e-mailing, and packing. I cannot shop until I get into my next area.  It was fun to hear from Will, Granny and Grandpa, and Liv.  I cannot believe that Kennedy and Will are growing up and playing on their own teams! I have only played Settlers a few times. Way to go Mom! :) How was Michael Buble? I might have heard some of his CD while out working! Send some pictures of Thanksgiving and the Holidays, I would love that more than anything! I will keep you posted on everything. If I don't get a chance tomorrow, definitely the next week. I had the opportunity of getting stretched out, and my back popped, etc with an LDS chiropractor, and I feel a lot better now! :D
 
This week was incredible! We really got the members more involved and a lot of wonderful things happened! We have six investigators with baptismal dates now, and the Lopez family came to church for the first time in 20 years! It was a miracle! They are working on preparing for the temple and getting sealed as a family! What an incredible plan our Father in Heaven has for us!!!! My companion and I were involved in several meetings this past week, and there was a lot of house-keeping to do as I am leaving, and he is taking over the area. As I mentioned, El Paso got down to the 30's this week, and you can tell by the pictures just how freezing it was!! I enjoy working hard, because it brings great joy knowing that I am doing everything that I can to give my all, and to never give up, and that I am literally saving souls by dedicating and consecrating these two years of my life to serve the Lord with all of my heart, might, mind, and strength. I have been touched by the Spirit immensely this week, and look forward to this next capacity, which the Lord is entrusting to me.
 
I am growing rapidly, and have been experiencing growing pains off the charts. My spiritual perspective of life, and of service is beginning to open my heart and mind. I want to bear my testimony to all that I know that people can change, and that they will. You must first do something yourself before you can tell someone else to do so. I am here to invite, to preach, and to teach my spiritual brothers and sisters. I know that our Heavenly Father's plan is so vast and expansive that we will never come to a perfect knowledge of it, at least in this life! I know that we are here to grow and progress, and to do our part in order to receive the blessings from on high! I know that our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ lives, that Father in Heaven lives, and they both love us more than we can comprehend. The blessing and gift of an eternal family is something that we should cherish! There is no greater power than that of God's love for His own family, His children, His servants, and all those who will take their faith in His Son Jesus Christ and act! For we know, "Faith without works is dead being alone." May we ponder it in our hearts and our minds, and may we "lengthen our stride, and quicken our pace of action according to faith." This is my humble prayer for all this week, in the sacred name of Jesus Christ the Lord, Amen.
 
There is not much more to say this week other than to express my gratitude as Thanksgiving is coming up. In Spanish: Dia de Accion de Gracias! Anyway, I want to finish off with a list of what I am indeed grateful for. I am grateful for our loving, powerful Father in Heaven, for our Savior and Redeemer, His perfect example and His everlasting and infinite Atonement, for the Gospel of Jesus Christ, my incredible family, being raised in a Gospel-Centered Home, My siblings and their incredible examples, all of the role-models, heros, and heroines in my life who have helped me become the hard-worker, determined disciple, the oldest brother of three wonderful sisters, grandson who has been impacted immensely by his wonderful grandparents, male-cousin who looks up to his younger cousins as well as to his older cousins(The Bells :) ), and the uncle who loves his niece dearly. I am grateful for this opportunity of growth and the ability to develop on this earth, the Restoration of the only True Church on this Earth today, for the Prophet Joseph Smith and his exceedingly great faith, and perserverence to do what is right always, for the Book of Mormon, and the wonderful gift which it is! I would like to stretch forth my arms of appreciation to all of the leaders in my life, and to all of my friends, and loved ones.  I am grateful for many things, and I wish to extend a challenge this week, especially on Thanksgiving, that of which is to pray more sincerely, express more gratitude than is necessary, and pray and truly turn to Heavenly Father for that spiritual guidance we all need. I am grateful for all of the talents, characteristics, and individual attributes, which make Elder Sterling Grant Richards the person and son of God he is today! I cannot express enough gratitude for your example to me Mom (pushing me to be successful, work hard, and to get my Eagle scout as well as the importance of laying aside procrastination) "Mom you earned your Eagle", and for the wonderful, firm, and steadfast heroes, and worthy bearers of the Holy Priesthood above all things: Grandpa Grant, Jeff, Jason, Jordan, and Austin! I sincerely express my thanks and love to all of you this week, and I hope that you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
 
With Great Love and Infinite Gratitude,
-Elder Sterling Grant Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment